Case Against Blackhawks Prospect Accused of ‘Revenge Porn’ Dropped: Prosecutors

“That’s the kind of stuff that if you permit it to linger, it can,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. “I had him in the office and he was disappointed. He thought he could be ready. We’re not comfortable that it’s at 100 percent, so we want to get it 100 percent well and get him back.”

He was “suspended indefinitely” by the Blackhawks last week pending the outcome of the investigation. The team did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

“On Saturday afternoon, March 19, 2016, the Chicago Blackhawks and Rockford IceHogs learned of a legal proceeding against IceHogs player Garret Ross,” the Blackhawks said in a statement last week. “At that time, we excused Garret from team activities pending our preliminary review of the matter. After further review, we have determined to suspend Garret indefinitely pending the outcome of the legal process. Because this is a pending legal proceeding, we will have no further comment at this time.”

Court records show the charges stemmed from an offense that occurred on Aug. 31, 2015. The new law passed by the Illinois legislature in 2015 makes it a criminal act to share private sexual images without the consent of all parties involved.

Ross was scratched from the Rockford IceHogs’ lineup after news of the allegations broke.

The Chicago Blackhawks will be taking on the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday night, but there will be more on the line for the team than just taking two points from one of their former rivals.

If the Blackhawks get at least one point in the standings on Sunday, they will clinch a playoff spot for the eighth consecutive season. One point would put them at 94 on the season, and although the Colorado Avalanche could match that number this season, they would lose a tiebreaker to the Blackhawks based on regulation and overtime wins, a category the Blackhawks hold an insurmountable 42-34 lead in.